Hello to all KodiHive audience, Today we are going to share one of the most awaited topics on our blog, where every iOS user demand this topic us to cover on KodiHive. So if you want to install Kodi Media Player App on iPhone or iPad and at the same time, you don’t want to jailbreak it, then today’s your wait is OVER completely.
Kodi on iPhone – Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad
Once you follow this in-depth guide, you will never need another guide to know how to install Kodi on iPhone or iPad without jailbreaking them. YES, you can easily use Kodi on iPhone or iPad to play videos, not officially because there are not available any software on the Apple App Store.
Instead, there are tons of blogs who will share the Cydia software process with you, but this process doesn’t work on devices that are not jailbroken, so you need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad to install Kodi on it with the help of Cydia.
While it’s quite easy to go down and jailbreak your iOS device but STOP there is a simpler way to install Kodi App on iPhone or iPad without jailbreaking them and we are going to tell Step by Step process below.
How to Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad Using Cydia Impactor
There is easy method to install Kodi on iPhone or ipad without jailbreaking is with Cydia Impactor that is quite popular and available for MacOS and Windows operating systems that allows iOS users to install some non-App Store apps on their iOS devices officially. So before proceeding, you need to download Cydia Impactor and the latest Kodi.IPA file.
Kodi doesn’t host this file on this site, and you have to get it from some trustable third-party app stores. The link above works while we are working on this article, but if this link isn’t working at your end, and then you can try Best Third-Party App Stores like Tweakbox, AppValley, or iOSEmus.
If these app stores didn’t help, then simply Google for ‘Kodi IPA File Download’ and you will find the best place to download it for free of cost.
It’s also worth getting that the current build of Kodi isn’t a 64-bit app and therefore isn’t supported on iOS 11 so this only works on iOS 10 and earlier versions.
Steps to Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad Easily
- First, you need to connect your iPhone or iPad to your Windows PC or Mac. If the iTunes can connect automatically when you plug your iOS device to the PC, then make sure you shut down it before you go further.
- Now, you need to download Cydia impactor and install it on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Now, open Cydia Impactor and drag-and-drop your downloaded Kodi IPA File which you have downloaded earlier in the app.
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad, is selected in the drop-down menu and then, Tap Start.
- Now Cydia impactor will ask you to enter your Apple ID and Password It should be verified with Apple, and only used to sign the IPA file but you can use an alternative apple ID if your privacy is your biggest concern.
- Now once the app has been installed, please go through Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management (This might slightly depending on your current iOS version also), now find the profile of your Apple ID and open it.
- Now tap on Trust button to ‘trust’ the new Kodi App on iPhone or iPad.
- Now open the app and enjoy so many benefits available to users of Kodi.
How to Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad Using Xcode
Before we start sharing the complete procedure of installing Kodi on iPhone or iPad using Xcode, you need to download three must have things and the best thing is, all of them are FREE to download but you can donate some amount to DanTheMan827 whenever you want to download the App Singer, but one of the could take some time.
You need to download Kodi Deb File from this LINK and we are using 15.2.1 version in this section but the 17.1 version also available and this method will not change at all if the versions change with time.
You also need to download iOS App Signer so download v1.9 then unzip the file and you might get advert underneath but you can hover over the link and you will see something else for sure.
Let’s start the process:
- First, attach your iOS device into your Mac and open Xcode.
- Choose to Create a new Xcode Project, make sure the app is highlighted in the iOS section on the left-hand side, and later tap on Single View Application and hit Next
- Now in the dialogue box, you need to identify the app you’re creating. Fill the product name and Organization identifier. Now fill the other fields that should be filled in already and you can leave some options as they are. Now choose to make them especially for iPad or iPhone at this post but you need to leave it as Universal and then hit Next.
- Now, select location for your Git Repository that we saved on the desktop and then click Create.
- Now don’t allow the Xcode to access your contacts, We said no, but it’s up to you as well.
- Now on the Xcode screen, you will a message called No Code Signing Identities Found, and tap on Fix Issues underneath this message now add on the next box, and provide your Apple ID and sign in.
- Now the Xcode will give you a message that it’s resolving the issues and after a short wait everything will be fixed.
- Now open App Singer and double tap on the icon to save this to your desktop when you unzipped the download. Now you want to Kodi deb file that we download earlier, and now tap on Browse and find the file on your desktop and click Open.
- Now choose a file name and save as field, and again you can just go with the suggestion, and share which you can remember, and a location. Now tap on Save. App signer will unpack the data and save it.
- Now go back to Xcode and choose Windows > Devices. Tap on the iOS device on the left side. In the bottom of the right-hand side, that contains iPhone details and you may have to scroll down to check it. Now find the .ipa file that iOS app signer generated in step 9 and tap Open.
- Unplug your iOS device and unlock it. You’ll see the Kodi icon on your iOS device. Now depending on your Settings, there’s a chance that you will get the Untrusted Developer error message when your first step icon, and you’ll able to tap Cancel.
We hope you find this post helpful while looking for How to Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad without jailbreaking them. If you have any query, please drop them in the comment section below.